“Information is eternal, computers are ephemeral, backup is the savior” by T.E. Ronneberg.
As the quotes suggest creating backup always saves our lives. But we always have tendency to postpone the things on tomorrow.
“Being too busy to worry about backup, is like being too busy driving a car to put on the seatbelt” again by T.E. Ronneberg.
Our devices have tons of lots of data and it will never be a good experience if we lose the data. I assume while reading you will definitely think what all data is left to take back-up. Done with the thinking but still we will say will do it tomorrow. So this article is for all the lazy ones.
As we are humans and we somehow make one or other error. There is a term ‘human error’ which very well describes our habit. We somehow sometimes while using phone click on delete all items and hurricane has come. So it’s good to be ready for it, that is, why not learn how to recover the data. As there are many operating systems we will cover this article for Android and iPhone.
There is no harm in trying. So we should try to syn our data with the Google account. Google saves all our contacts, calendars and all the other information on the cloud. All this information is easily accessed through your Gmail account. So sync is done then no need to worry.
Even you delete any crucial information or even the not so important information it could be easily retrieved. Mostly your phone sync automatically once it is connected with Internet, but in case it does not, re-add your primary Gmail account to force a syn.
Another way to recover the data is by using tools. For this follow the below steps:
Step 1: Download Android Data Recovery on your computer, install it and launch it to recover your lost data. Window will open where you need to click on ‘Data Recovery’.
You also need a USB cable to connect your device with the computer.
Step 2: To continue to your mission you need to first enable the USB debugging. Depending upon Android OS steps varies. Choose the one according your phone:
- For Android 4.2 or the newer: Go to Settings > About Phone > Build number. Keep on tapping it several times and when you get the note: “You are under developer mode“, you can go back to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
- Android 3.0 to 4.1: Go to Settings > Developer option > USB debugging.
- Android 2.3 or earlier: Go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Step 3: Select whatever you want to recover. Here all types of files such as photos, videos, contacts, messaging, call logs and more can be recovered.
By default all are selected, however if you want to restore some particular data only then choose only that file type. Click on ‘Next’ to continue the process.
Step 4: Now see the screen of your Android device. It is waiting for your command, select ‘Allow’ icon and then again focus on computer screen. Click on ‘Start’ button to continue.
Step 5: Now it’s time to choose the Scan Mode. There are two options available: ‘Standard Mode’ and ‘Advance Mode’.
We prefer go for the ‘Standard Mode’ first and see whether it’s the correct files, you are looking for. This option even works faster. If in case it doesn’t show the correct one go for the second option.
Click on ‘Start’ to analyze and scan your device. It will hardly take few seconds.
Step 6: Once scanning is completed, you can see all the data you requested is visible to you. Now check the items you want and click on ‘Recover’ to save them on your computer.
iPhone users now it’s your turn. There are two ways to recover data either by iCloud backup or iTune backup. Both are convenient as to get the lost data we could do everything, so it’s just a small piece of cake. Choose any up to you:
Recover Deleted iPhone Data from iTunes Backup File
It doesn’t matter if you have your iPhone in your hand or lost it, through below steps all the lost data will be covered from iTune. Follow the below mentioned steps carefully:
- Open iTunes on PC, Laptop or Mac where you used to backup your device.
- Connect your device with USB cable. Sometimes it may ask for passcode, go ahead and enter it.
- Select the device you want to recover.
- Select the Backup in iTunes. Make sure you choose relevant data for recovery by looking at date and size of each backup.
- Select Restore and wait couple of minutes for the process to be completed. It sometimes even do ask for password for encrypted backup.
Have patience unless it restarts and is completely sync with your computer.
With this recovery process is completed and now start enjoying your old data which was once lost.
Restore your device from an iCloud backup
Below are steps to recover data from iCloud:
- Turn on your device and follow the onscreen setup until Apps & Data screen appears. Now click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- You could see the lost data. Choose carefully what all data need to be recovered and then start transfer.
Note: While following above steps it sometimes ask for newer version of iOS. Update accordingly.
- It will ask for Apple ID account to restore the apps and purchases. In case you don’t remember your password, you could even skip this step.
- Wait for some time for the process to complete. Make sure you are connected during this waiting period.
- Depending on size of data to be recovered, will be continued to restore in background. Once setup finished, welcome back to your old world.
It doesn’t matter how old our data is, we love to keep it as a record. From above article you learnt to recover your lost data for Android and iPhone. Hope the information could be helpful to you in case of need.
For any suggestions or queries please feel free to contact us by commenting in our comment bar section. We will definitely revert back to you.