Kodi is a software application that allows user to watch content on large display screen. Content could be both video as well as audio. Bur without add-on Kodi is incomplete. It act as a heart of this application. Specto is one the most popular add-on of Kodi. Specto is one of the video add-on available for Kodi Media Center.
It streams TV shows and movies from several other websites. It is branched from Genesis by Mrknow. So apparently it contains lots of features from its predecessor as well as adding its own features time to time.
One of the amazing thing about this add-on is that it is frequently updated. It supports library integration, video downloading, automatic subtitles and Trakt.tv.
Due to its ability to integrate with the library, it is enabled with the feature to subscribe to the shows and it will automatically check periodically for the latest new episodes. It is an amazing way to organize and keep track of your favorite movies and TV shows. It has huge library as it fetches streams from lots of different websites, thereby providing high quality streams.
Genesis code consist of both Specto Fork and Exodus so both are quite similar with minor variations.
You might wonder what makes any Kodi addon favorite of others. It’s the maintenance that works well for this add-on. It is constantly updated with new features, fixing known errors as well as others and giving small touch-ups each time with the update. It is the best and most enjoyable add-on. Due to its constant updates, community favors it a lot. It can be customized also. It works consistently as well.
Apart from this it basically contains two sections: new and old movies and television shows. Any sections works well when it has a good search filters. You might be happy in finding the search options available for this add-on:
- People Watching
- Most Popular
- Most Voted
- Box Office
- Oscar Winners
- In Theaters
- Latest movies
Movies section contains all types of movies from action to drama. It even includes category for family-friendly movies and musicals. Movies from 1976 are too present. If you want to favorite’s your movie which you might want to see later again.
TV shows section has almost same set of search options. Though dropping some of them such as Box Office, Oscar Winners, and People Search categories. For every subtraction there is addition as well. It includes two more different ones: Networks and TV Calendar. All these categories all you to search TV shows by television network(mainly US and UK networks) and by the actual date as well.
Note: However for TV Calendar option does not work so well. Clicking on date does not show any results. This is the only negative point which this add-on have, though coders definitely would be working on such issues.
|Author: Mr Know|
|Repository: Filmkodi Repository|
Installation of Specto
- Go to the Home Screen Find the File Manager under -> System
- Select Add source
- Type http://kodi.filmkodi.com on the top textbox and .filmkodi on the bottom one. Press OK to move forward
- Go back to the Home Screen and select System
- Click on Add-ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Then .filmkodi
- Click on repository.filmkodi.com
- Now click on repository.fimlkodi.com-x.x.x.zip to install the repository. Wait for the notification indicating add-on is installed
- Now that the repository is installed it’s time to install the Specto Kodi addon, select Install from repository
- Select “FilmKodi.com repository – MRKNOW”.
- Choose “Video add-ons”.
- Click on “Specto – **** fork”.
- Press “Install” on the addon information window to install Specto on Kodi. Wait until the addon and its dependencies are installed.
- Navigate back to the Home Screen and select “Videos” > “Add-ons”.
- Click on “Specto” to open the addon.
- Navigate the menu to access movies and TV shows.
Install Specto on Kodi 17 Krypton
- Go to the main menu of Kodi
- Click on Settings
- Navigate to System Settings >> Add-ons >> Turn on Unknown Sources
- Click Yes
- To install an Addon, select settings from your home screen
- Navigate to File Manager >> Add Source
- Select None and type http://kodi.filmkodi.com and click OK to confirm
- Enter Specto in the highlighted box “Enter a name for this media Source”
- Select OK
- Navigate back to the Home screen and click Add-ons.
- Click the Add-on Browser Icon.
- Navigate to Install from Zip File >> Specto >> Repository.filmkodi.com.
- Click on repository.filmkodi.com-x.x.x.zip.
- Check for Kodi Specto fork enabled notification has pop-out.
- From repository option, select Install.
- Click on Filmkodi.com repository – MRKNOW.
- Navigate to Video add-ons >> Specto fork >> Install.
- Wait for specto Genesis fork enabled notification.
- Click the Add-ons button to confirm specto fork addon is available.
Most Asked Questions
Specto only gives me movies and shows up to 1970s. Why is this happening?
Now to worry simply set your clock on the TV box. There are some TV boxes where clock has to be set every time they are disconnected from the power source.
When I click on a movie or TV show, there is a long delay before I get the window to select a stream.
Specto is searching from all the different hosts that you have setup and ordered. If you can’t wait long simply disable some of the non-working and low quality hosts.
After I select a stream, it takes a long time before the stream times out and lets me pick another one.
Timeout time for sources is by default is 40 seconds and it can be set according to your preference. If you have fast internet connection or want to disable this feature go to Menu, click on add-on settings and turn down the timeout time.
How do I use the Specto downloading features?
To simple download any content, go to Menu and click on Download option. Downloaded file will be saved in “My Specto > Downloads” section.
Now if you want to delete any file, first of all turn ON the option of “Allow file renaming and deletion”. To navigate to this option follow the mentioned steps: SYSTEM > Appearance > File Lists. Go to file in My Specto > Downloads section, press menu and click on delete.
My Specto add-on didn’t update itself automatically when I launched Kodi. What do I do?
By default Specto should be updated automatically when Kodi is launched. However it can also be done manually by navigating to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Available Updates in Kodi 15 (or Check For Updates and then Available Updates on Kodi 16.1).
This add-on is not supported by Kodi and XMBC foundation. So try to avoid Kodi forum for any issues.
Try to use their Github page for any assistance. We strongly recommend you to use VPN as it helps in using streams that might be blocked for your Geo. It events prevents Government from tracking you online activities.
Above article is only for information purpose and is not meant for any illegal use. In case of any damage while using this add-on we are not responsible. For any queries or suggestions please feel free to contact us by commenting in our comment bar section. We will definitely try to incorporate your suggestions in our future post as well revert you back.